The object of Kings Corners is to
deal all the cards from the deck onto the board. There are only four
limitations to how you can do this:
Each time a card is dealt, click on the space where you want to put the
- You cannot put a card on another card.
- You must put kings in the corner spaces.
- You must put queens in the left and right non-corner spaces.
- You must put jacks in the top and bottom non-corner spaces.
When you have filled all the spaces, you must then remove any tens or
pairs of cards which add up to ten. You do this by clicking on the cards; if
the card is a ten, it will be removed, otherwise it will be inverted and you
will need to click on another card which makes a total of ten.
When you have removed all the cards possible, click on the deck and the
cards will be dealt for you to refill the spaces.
You can get stuck in two ways:
- You can't place a dealt face card in any of its appropriate spaces.
- You can't remove any cards after filling the spaces.
When filling the spaces with non-face
cards, try to:
- fill the middle spaces first in order to save the outer spaces for
the face cards.
- avoid filling up all the spaces for a face card before necessary.
For example, don't fill all the king spaces while all the queen or jack
spaces are still open.
- when you must fill the last space of a face card, pick the face
card which is mostly filled with face cards. For example, if three kings
have been played, but no other face cards, it makes more sense to fill
the king space before filling the last queen or jack space.
When removing cards, try to:
- remove cards from the outer edges before removing them from the
- remove cards from all three face card spaces. For example, don't
remove cards from just the king spaces, or you will get stuck if you are
then dealt a jack or queen.
You can change the picture which
appears as you solve the Kings Corners solitaire. The picture must be a .BMP or a .JPG
file like those included with the program. To use a different picture,
perform the following steps:
If the picture is larger than necessary to cover the playing area, the
center of the picture will be used.
- Choose "New Picture" from the "Game" menu. A "File Open" dialog box
will appear allowing you to choose a file with a .BMP or a .JPG extension.
- Choose the filename of the picture you want and click on Ok.
- The Kings Corners screen will be redrawn with the new picture.